Since 1997, we’ve been providing boutique architectural home remodeling to greater Northern Virginia and beyond. Daniels Design & Remodeling was founded with the mission to combine aesthetic quality and function with home redesign projects that directly increase the value of our clients’ homes.
We are able to do this because of our broad range of expertise regarding home renovations. While some home redesign contractors might have a specialty that they find difficult to break out of, we take a holistic, comprehensive approach to home remodeling. We have a team of industry-leading carpenters, production specialists, masons, designers, and other tradespeople — all with considerable experience under our belt.
When you choose Daniels Design & Remodeling, you are choosing the route of cost-effective, customized remodeling solutions. We are passionate about collaborating with our customers to bring their unique vision to life. Likewise, if you could use a bit of creative inspiration when it comes to your kitchen, patio, or bathroom remodel, we are more than happy to help! In actual fact, our process includes a feasibility study, after which we will present up to three concepts for you to choose from and tailor to your requirements. After that, we build your project while making sure you are informed and empowered for the duration of the project.
A Variety Of Home Remodeling Projects
These things, along with many other factors, help separate us from other home remodeling firms in NoVA. And now that we’ve established that, it’s time to dive into the meat and potatoes of today’s blog — highlighting the various kinds of home remodeling projects our home redesign company offers in Northern Virginia!
In part one of this two-part series, we’ll be shining the proverbial spotlight on our kitchen, bathroom, and porch/patio redesign options. In part two, we’ll take the opportunity to highlight our process for living space renovations and home additions, after which we’ll wrap up with a brief look at how we are committed to sustainable, green remodellng. Let’s dive in!
Up first is one of our bread-and-butter redesign types, the kitchen remodel. Vital to the flow and feel of any home, the kitchen is often the heart of warmth and intimacy for a family. Even if no one in your family would consider themselves a regular chef, kitchens remain the hub of activity in almost all cases.
A significant exception to the trend mentioned above is when the kitchen’s layout or feel does not allow for this kind of activity. It might not be conducive to foot traffic, there might simply be too little space, or the appliances and cabinetry give off all the wrong vibes. Further, your kitchen might be beautiful and well-designed, but it simply doesn’t fit you and your family on a personal level.
Daniels Design & Remodeling take into account all aspects of a kitchen while considering redesign options: cabinetry, lighting, flooring, countertops, appliances, flow, and the list goes on. Whether you are simply in need of additional countertop space, you want to improve your energy efficiency, or your kitchen is stuck in the 90s, we can help. Here are a few reasons to consider a kitchen redesign from DD&R:
- Increase Your Home’s Value – Regardless of if you want a minor facelift or cosmetic surgery of sorts, we make a point to make sure that all remodeling work will directly add value to your home. According to the Cost vs. Value Report, remodeling a kitchen (and doing it well) is among the very top home improvement projects to increase your house’s valuation.
- Love The Home You Live In – Redesigning your kitchen can make a big difference in your everyday life. Imagine having a beautiful haven, designed according to your exact specifications. It’s a wonderful thing. Who knows, you might become inspired to cook more often!
- Save On Energy Bills – Exchanging outdated appliances for more energy-efficient ones can make a tangible difference on your energy bill, to the point where you’ll end up saving money in the long-run!
For case studies and other examples of our handiwork, check out our kitchen remodeling resource linked above.
The National Kitchen and Bath Association states that, along with kitchens, one of the best ways to add value to your home is through a bathroom redesign. If the potential ROI doesn’t “move the dial” for you, keep in mind that, as the homeowner, you can still dramatically improve your quality of life by transforming your master bathroom into a veritable spa (if, indeed, that is the direction you’d like to go).
Here’s a few reasons to consider a bathroom remodel in your own home:
- Find Comfort & Relaxation – If you thought your kitchen redesign would improve the “relaxation quotient” of your home, just wait until you take your first bubble bath in your spacious, luxurious spa (wait, we mean bath!). Modern bathrooms are naturally more serene, whereas bathrooms of yesteryear were often built with functionality in mind. We are able to expertly combine both, allowing you to sit back, unwind, and relax.
- Have Enough Space For Everything – Yes, luxurious relaxation will soon be yours. But that doesn’t mean we need to forgo the need to improve functionality — with specific regard to sufficient storage. Having a bathroom with insufficient storage is, at first, annoying, but it often becomes more of an issue if there truly is a dearth of storage space. Having enough space will allow you peace of mind due to easier organization and a greater ability to keep everything clean!
- Improve Your Home’s Efficiency – As you can probably imagine, homes built a while ago tend to have less efficient appliances and fixtures. If your bathroom is approaching being described as archaic, it’s likely affecting your home’s water usage with regards to efficiency. Upgrading faucets, toilets, and showers with modern plumbing fixtures will help you save water rather than wasting it. Naturally, you’ll see a difference on your energy bill while being more environmentally friendly! That’s a win-win, in our book.
Check out case studies and other examples by clicking through on the link above.
The final kind of redesign project we’d like to highlight in today’s blog is porch and patio design. We are pretty lucky to live in Northern Virginia, as it’s easily one of the most beautiful parts of the country (we might be biased but that doesn’t make us wrong!). As such, it’s a shame if we aren’t able to enjoy our own backyards because of insufficient or inadequate patios.
At Daniels Design & Remodeling, we think that you should be able to enjoy your outdoor space as much as your indoor space. That’s why we carry a wide range of high-quality products and solutions in our arsenal. We’ll take the time to inform you regarding the various pros and cons of different building products and how the idiosyncrasies of your home and property will factor into that equation. After we’ve formulated a plan, with up to three options for you to choose from, we’ll ensure your new outdoor patio/porch will be perfectly suited to your home, family, and budget.
Here’s why you should consider enhancing your Northern Virginia home with a porch or patio remodel:
- Increase Your Home’s Value – Yes, pretty much all home remodeling projects increase your home’s valuation in one way or another. In reference to porch and patio redesigns more specifically, it’s a quick and effective means of adding value to your home without any daily disruptions to your lifestyle (compared to other home remodeling projects, to be fair).
- Become The Host(est) With The Most(est) – When spring and summer come, it’s time for outdoor parties, barbecues, and general merry-making! If you have felt the urge to host but have been hindered by your home’s lack of an appropriate setting, a new patio or porch will quickly remedy that issue. Everyone will have ample space to sit down and relax. Keep in mind that we can also install covered porches so that you, your family and friends can all get some fresh air the whole year round — safe from the elements!
- Improved Curb Appeal – There’s a subtle yet important distinction between adding value to your home and improving its curb appeal. If you think you might one day move on from your current abode, a patio redesign might be worth your consideration for no other reason than people love patios. It makes your entire home more attractive. There’s a sentimental, nostalgic element which only Virginia patios have. We think making sure your house is well-equipped with one is nothing short of a no brainer!
Learn more about universal design and our general approach to porch/patio remodeling by visiting our dedicated resource on the matter, linked above.
Well, this has turned into quite the part one! We hope that you’ve found it practically useful and inspiring! If you are ready to learn more about our process, feel free to schedule your conversation with us at Daniels Design & Remodeling. In the meantime, be sure to look out for part two in the near future!